Posture Diagram

Posture Diagram

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sitting Posture That Lifts Out the Sternum

When it comes to sitting down I don’t think that there is any way to do it, in a way, that all parts of the body likes. It is about prioritize and variation depending on what you do. In this case (pectus excavatum) the top priority is the upper back. The outstanding most effective way to make sure that the ribcage doesn’t get in to a free fall is to sit down as the picture shows below. I believe that this is how the body is meant to sit down (the natural way). A really good “PE-prevention-sitting-posture”. I have implemented this to my strategy and I try to do it around 20-30% of the time spent sitting down during the day. It took some time to get used to it so I think it might be a good idea trying to implement it gradually to the anti-PE-strategy. If you try it you will probably notice that it has a self-closing effect on the lower ribs and keeps the upper back in a non-kyphotic position.



No comments:

Post a Comment