Posture Diagram

Posture Diagram

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Kyphosis Fixer for PE 2.0


The aim with this exercise is to straighten the spine (which will make the sternum to lift out) and at the same time bend the flared ribs inwards from a front view perspective.

I have made some changes to the first one to make it more effective.

1.      Lie down on a flat horizontal surface on the stomach and hold a pair of light weighted dumbbells.

2.      Form your legs like a “V” and bend the knees 90 degrees (this is to get the pelvis into a beneficial position).

3.      Lift your arms in a “military posture style” so that they touch each other at the same time as you lift your upper body up a little so you can feel a distinct pressure on the flared ribs. Look forward.

4.      Repeat 10 times, 3 sets.
       
       5.    Try to take a short walk (barefoot style) right after this exercise. You should feel that your body
               straightens up while walking.



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the exercise!

    I seem to get some mild back pain (pinching feeling) when I do this...am I doing it wrong or is it supposed to work like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a pinching feeling too after doing this exercise. This feeling is a good sign that it works. You will stretch the muscles quite heavily and I recommend not do this exercise more than a few times a week. Muscles takes around 2 days to fully recover after doing exercises that is normal. The muscles may get a little spastic as well after heavily stretching. The best way to recover the muscles in the upper back is from my experience to lie down on the back on an absolutely flat surface (no pillow). I also think that it will take a few weeks to fully recover the muscles in the upper back with this exercise. In the beginning it may be a little tricky. The reason is simply the kyphosis which have shortened the muscles. It will be fixed quite fast with this according to my experience. I would like that you keep me updated with your attempt to make improvements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the exercises I just incorporated the sternum lifter 2.0 in part of my schedule. When it comes to this exercise, you state to only do it a few times a week, is that the same with the sternum lifter 2.0? Also do you have videos of you doing these exercises that we can watch? You explain each exercise well but videos will be very beneficial as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This exercise (Kyphosis Fixer for PE 2.0) is definitely the toughest of all my exercises so far and therefore needs more recreation especially in the beginning. I recommend to try it out without weights at all for people whom almost never do any form of sport. Sternum lifter 2.0 is less demanding and I perform them 4 times a week, or when I feel that my sternum have fallen back a little.
    With the highest degree of certainty, there will be videos.
    You said that you have incorporated “Sternum Lifter 2.0”. I would say that this is the flagship of all my exercises. It really works very well and it was definitely not easy to figure out how to do it. I had to understand how pectus excavatum develops first. What it does is to reverse the development by activating all the right muscles in the right position.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The exercise is now updated to 2.1
    What has changed?
    In figure 2; take a deep breath out (exhale) while in this position. You should feel a stretching feeling in the upper back while you exhale powerfully.

    ReplyDelete