Posture Diagram

Posture Diagram

Monday, April 14, 2014

For Me a Huge Improvement (flexing photo)

I have gained weight both muscles and fat. I think the total dip is around 1.9 cm (fat and muscles 1.5+sternum0.4). Once it was around two inch without muscles and fat included, so this is for me "almost completely out".



I have found it especially important to be up on the feet to keep the sternum in this position. If I sit down too much, it sinks back around 5 mm quite fast.

I think that my modified dumbbell pullovers have made a lot to the positive but it is very important to not do them too much, as all form of training. I have lately made some test to verify my shoe-theory and it has yet another time been confirmed that it is impossible for me to lift the heel. The sternum sinks in extremely fast because of the S-shaping posture they produces which is described in detail on my blog. 

After my healing process of my feet I can’t use shoes with heels for yet another reason. I immediately get pain and it is clearly visible that they get deformed. Once moving back to nature, there is no reason to look back.
As always: Zero drop/barefoot shoes is a must (the natural way). If Ignored=Mission Failed with the higest degree of certainty possible.

6 comments:

  1. At least you have chest hair to help hide it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have for many years seen the ongoing “debate” in forums; who has PE, and who has not. The question here is: What is the definition of PE? Is it a person with a dip in the chest? If that is the definition, almost all people with muscular chest have PE. When I flex in this picture muscles and fat sticks out around 1.5 cm plus the sternum which is sunken in a few mm and yet another thing; the belly is a little fat. My body construction is built up in a way that it doesn’t matter if my sternum is absolutely flat. There will be a dip in the chest anyway. We humans have different views about things. That’s is the answer to how a debate about whom have it or not can go on. I think the base problem is the fact that there are no clear definition of what PE is. People have thoughts about a medical myth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would it be more beneficial to focus on reducing the rib flare rather than trying to raise the sternum? Looking at my own PE, it seems that the dip only looks bad because of the rib deformity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the last thing to care about is the sternum, it will “auto lift” when its surroundings gets corrected. The reason to the deformation, is what I call “Thorax Rotation Syndrome”. PE (the dip) is just a symptom in this complex syndrome. I will make a post within a week about my “recovery timeline”. Walking “barefoot” is the best way to start because it works on the whole syndrome at once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bjorn. Having pectus (2,1 cm deep), being very used to weightlifting (70kg in bench press), can I use up to 10kg to start pull overs?
    Wanna cooperate with your blog in many ways. If youre interested, just ask.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recommend to start with 5 kg and my first version of pullovers, after a week or two and everything works fine, increase the weight, try to find the right balance so that the effect will come to a maximum, having 10 kg as a goal might be the right way to go, I will always recommend to be very careful in the beginning with new exercises, that is my advice

    ReplyDelete