Posture Diagram

Posture Diagram

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Important to NOT Gain Weight


Or to be more precise: it is important to not put on weight on the stomach.

There are two reasons for that.

1.      My latest strategy “How to Lift Your Sternum During Sleep 4.0” will not work under such circumstances simply because the pressure from the brace will be focused on the belly instead of the ribs, with discomfort in the abdominal area as a result.

2.      The fat on the belly will cause a weight imbalance and make the thorax to lean backwards to compensate for the increased weight on the front of the body and will cause the muscles in the upper back to work in an unnatural way.

Overweight is usually not a problem for people with PE but as I earlier mentioned; I have made such great improvements to my condition so that the over activity in the breathing process is gone. I can barely feel that I breathe anymore, like it should be. The breathing process does not steal most of the calories anymore and as a result I have gained weight even though I don’t eat more calories. And the difference is dramatic. My recovery process have therefore been interrupted for a few weeks and I have made the decision to lose weight to see if the recovery process can continue. My condition is now classified as mild and the only thing I do at the moment (exept incline push-ups) is to focus on the latest sleeping strategy with the brace. Exercises works very well to a certain point but when the PE has become very mild it is better to almost completely focus on ergonomics and the latest sleeping strategy I think. That’s the only thing I do right now. With other words; exercises have a very limited effect on mild cases from my experience. What is mild PE? My definition of mild PE is that the flared ribs are almost gone and that it is possible to feel that the lowest part of the sternum is loosening up. At that point the sternum will probably be just a few millimeters indenting and the spine in the upper back has "disappeared" (the kyphosis is gone). The reason to continue with incline push-ups is that the pectoralis muscles in the upper chest is quite underdeveloped in people with PE and I will try to fix the muscular asymetry. It is also good for the posture and kyphosis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment