Posture Diagram

Posture Diagram

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Breathing Technique to Calm Down the Diaphragm and Save Energy

According to my theory: Skinniness in people with PE is caused by over activity in the diaphragm. Because one breathe around the clock even a small increase in the amount of energy the diaphragm consumes every breath will cause a huge demand for more calories on a daily basis. I have here a breathing technique and a breathing exercise which aims to calm down the breathing process and save a lot of energy giving the body the possibility to for example build up the muscles instead of just waste it.

The Exercise and the Breathing Technique
Try to stand up for a while a few minutes and relax (don’t do any aerobic activities right before this exercise). Don’t inhale or exhale heavily. Breathe trough the nose (very small breaths as relaxed as possible). Now try to hold your breath for 10 seconds without inhale or exhale heavily right before. When you are ready try to relax once again and breath through the nose until your breathing has calmed down. Increase the time with 10 seconds next round (10+10=20). Repeat the same procedure and increase with 10 seconds every time. The goal (if you can’t already) is to be able to hold the breath for one minute easily. Try to use the same “breathing-trough-the-nose-technique” on a daily basis (if you don’t already). You should barely feel that you breathe. Breathing trough the nose usually deactivates the intercostal muscles and saves energy too. Those muscles (the muscles between the ribs) should only be activated during aerobic activity which demands breathing trough the mouth. If you feel dizzy sometimes (people with PE often tells they do) it is probably caused by over activity in the breathing process as well. Too much CO2 (carbon dioxide) will leave the body during increased breathing without being physically active. That will be fixed as well by calm down the breathing.      

6 comments:

  1. Dear Bjorn,

    I am very amazed by the experience accumulated in you over the years. I am sure, after a while, your medical solutions will be generally accepted worldwide.
    I have the same condition, a mild one, which got a little deeper in the last year.
    I have read through your blog, and I would like to clarify healing method which I will start soon.
    1. Sleeping technique
    2. Your modified workout
    3. Shoe type

    Is that all which made your astonishing improvement?

    You’re Sincerely

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you put it in the most simplified way you can I would say that what you listed is the most important things. I would like to add one thing that I don’t think should be forgotten and that is the sitting posture which I have noticed to be really beneficial. If you start like you pointed out I guess you will see improvements quite fast. Good Luck!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, I will start all of them next week. For shoes, I will replace zero-drop shoes with arch supporter/foot easer, and I will put it into a normal shoe. In addition, I will do pull-ups.
    I will post pictures after a month if you are interested in if your method works on others or not.
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you continue to lift your heels up with ordinary shoes you will not correct your posture 100% and you will also continue to put unnatural high pressure on the forefoot which causes the feet to be extremely flattened. If you want to follow my way to think (100%) you must use footwear that not puts the human body under unnatural force. My experience tells me that exercises is just a complement in my revolutionary idea. The most important thing is to make the ergonomic environment 100% natural. To lift up the heels is nothing else but pure manipulation of the complicated construction that the human body is. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried to do this excercise for like half a year and I can't seem to get past 30 seconds, but then I almost pass out and I don't get any better at it, what do I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30 seconds is very good. The better PE gets, the longer its is possible to hold the breath, that is my experience. This exercise is not critical in any way (more a tip) so better focusing on the other things like long walks (zero drop). Good Luck.

      Delete