Posture Diagram

Posture Diagram

Monday, September 9, 2013

How to Lift Your Sternum During Sleep 2.0

This is an improved version of the first one. A very thin pillow shall be placed over the circle to the right where the head shall be placed. One should try to sleep as much as possible on the back to keep the upper back in correct position. This will help to fix the kyphosis related to pectus excavatum and make the sternum to lift a little every night. To be sure that it is done correctly one can put one hand on the upper back while lying down. The upper back shall be lifted up a little so that the curvature disappears. I sleep the whole night in this type of bed, as much as possible on the back. My kyphotic spine is almost gone after this implementation and my sternum does not fall back during the night.


The circle to the right is material which has been cut out. All of the material shown in the picture shall be “medium soft”. The circle should be around 20 cm.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for everything you do to help us. The doctors only say : " there is nothing to do and if it's too deep you need and operation (which costs too much money)". I was about ti give up because there was not enough information on the internet, although I still believed that it can be self repaired. Then I accidentally found your site. NOBODY has done that much to help people like you and me . I would like to thank you again for all that you have done and all that you keep doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible to tell me a little bit more on how to lift the upper back properly. I would be very grateful if you can upload a picture on your improved "How to Lift Your Sternum During Sleep 2.0" bed table ( if I can call it so ) so that I can see exactly what I should make to sleep on. Thank you !

    I am sorry if i have made any mistakes while typing, I am not an Englishman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a great site! I have been working on this since 1999! I am 41 this year and still making improvement (albeit still backsliding at times from sleeping wrong) A few months ago it was the best it was ever, and I was sleeping without a pillow. Since starting a pillow again it's been backsliding. Love this site, and love the fact that there are older people still working at it with success. Chris

    ReplyDelete